Sunday, July 14, 2013

Like Father Like Son

My son looked like my husband from day one. The only thing he was missing was the goatee.

He is a year and a half now and loves to do everything like daddy; reads the flyers, dunks his grill cheese in ketchup, brings his sippy cup to the lounge chair - climbs in - sits down - relaxes and watches tv.

This drawing was fitting for a father's day gift. I know, I am a little late posting it.

I have always been fascinated with illusion type illustrations. When I saw this picture on Pinterest 3D Hand Image, it peaked my interest. I studied the method and the colours, practiced a couple of times, tested different mediums - markers, pencils and ended up liking the effects of Copic markers. The Copic markers I used were W5, W7, BG18, BG75 and BG72.

Here is the final project.

 
 
 

 
 
 
From my inventory:
  • Copic markers
    • W5, W7, BG18, BG75, BG72
  • Various scrap paper
  • Zapdots foam dots
  • Recollection white cardstock
 
Purchased:
  • The frame at Michaels (I cannot remember the company name, sorry)
  •  
     
     
    
 

3 comments:

  1. Really beautiful piece. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is so unique! I think I understand how it was done by looking at the Pintrest post. Amazing!!! I want to make out myself... but I don't have a child. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment. However, any comments that attack, slander or defame another person, company, or product will be removed from this site.

Total Visits