Saturday, January 4, 2014

Holiday Projects

As for many, the Christmas season usually brings a considerable size to-do list. You would think that after many years of stressing about all that needs to get done weeks before Christmas, I would learn to be more organized or make a smaller list... "yeah, no!"

Maybe 2014 will be my year for organization and smaller to-do lists.

One could always hope.

I am unable to include all the projects that I completed in December but here are a few. I will post the others after the recipients have received them. 

First up:

 
An apron I made for my mother-in-law. I used McCall's fashion accessories pattern 2947 and fabric I purchased at Fabricland.
 
Along the same idea is an apron I made for my son who loves to help me in the kitchen. My nephew was kind enough to fashion the apron for us. It's too bad that I needed to blur out his face, he is such a cute little boy.
 
The face was blurred to protect the identity and privacy of my family.

For this apron I used McCall's fashion accessories pattern M6476 and fabric purchased at Fabricland, as well as, Giroux Sewing Centre in Cornwall.
 
A gift card is a nice gift but it is extra special when it is presented in a homemade gift card holder. I was inspired by Marie's Present Gift Card Holders.  To make these cards I used paper from the Recollections Joyful Christmas paper pad, Stampin'up Merry Christmas stamp, Xmas Red Stickles,  Lil'Inker Bow die, Recollection brads, DMC floss, Forest Moss, Vintage Photo and Gathered Twigs Distress Ink, Creative Memories circle punch, Tombow glue, and Zapdots foam dots.
 





Other creative items made:
  • a digital photo album for my grandmother of her and her three great-grandchildren
  • a birthday card for my mother, and my father-in-law
  • a ton of baking with my 23 month old. We baked every Saturday morning in December to get away from TV watching.

As the days faded away, I had to prioritize my projects and unfortunately some were removed from the list. Projects that were carried forward to 2014 are personalized Christmas stockings for my son and my niece and reusable gift bags (I want to use up my fabric pile). There are a couple of other projects that I had to delay but I cannot mention them here because they will be gifts in the near future and I don't want to ruin the surprise.

In a couple of weeks, I will post the other three projects that I did during the holidays.

Till then, happy crafting.




1 comment:

  1. I love the aprons and chef's hat! Great crafting, Jo. I cannot wait to see what else you have made. Ohhhhh a fabulous tease!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment. However, any comments that attack, slander or defame another person, company, or product will be removed from this site.

Total Visits