Sunday, July 20, 2014

Take Me Back in Time

Hello everyone,

A couple of years ago I took a card class. In the class we made two masculine cards, something I had not done before and it has inspired me to make more. I gave one of the cards that I made in the class to my father and the other to my husband. My husband still has his card and my father framed his and hung it in the garage beside his adored Mustang.

I recently made another card for my dad, a vintage car card. He said that he is going to frame this one as well and hang it beside the other one.




I have to say, I think the Art Deco Cricut cartridge has to be my favorite cartridge so far. I say this but I haven't cracked open my Outdoor Man cartridge yet. It may be a tough choice and they may both become my favorite.

Lets start at the back of the card. I saw this technique online a while back (I can't remember the source, sorry), where you ink the flat side of the embossing folder and then emboss the paper. What a fantastic technique. It allowed me to add colour to the flat portion of the paper and not the embossed portion of it. I did a test where I did not ink the embossing folder but inked the embossed pattern instead. As you can see, the test sheet did not make it to the card. I much prefer the lighter red embossed pattern and the dark brown background.

In keeping with the vintage look, I inked the edge of each framed paper. This is a technique that I use often and find that it gives the paper - patterned or solid colour - a little more pop.

I absolutely love how this card turned out and from my father's reaction you can tell that he loved it too.

Until next time, Happy Paper Crafting!!!!


Used from my inventory:
  • Recollections cardstock
  • EL-017 M-Bossabilities
  • Walnut stain distress ink
  • Big Shot
  • Scotch Advance tape glider
  • Cricut Expression
  • Art Deco Cricut cartridge
  • Stampin'up 2-way glue pen
  • Paper and cardstock from my leftover pile



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment. However, any comments that attack, slander or defame another person, company, or product will be removed from this site.

Total Visits