Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Summer Vacation (part 2 of 2)

Hello again,

Winter vacations are finished and summer vacations are about to begin.

When I think of summer vacations I think of camping with my family and friends. Camping is one of the only times that I actually sit and do nothing; maybe read a book but nothing else. It is the ultimate relaxation and sometimes a little too relaxing for a person like me who is always on the go.

This past weekend, I created a camping scene for a card using my Cricut Expression and the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge.

Up until recently, I used to stress about having just the right paper for each image I was cutting. I don't stress about it any more. For the campfire, I cut the image three times out of white cardstock. The bottom layer remained intact and I coloured only the fire using YR07, Y35, and Y13 Copic markers. The second layer, I removed the fire portion, coloured the logs using E23, E77, and E37 Copic markers and adhered it to the fire layer. For the rocks, I removed the fire and logs on the third copy of the image, coloured the rocks using C5 and C3 Copic markers and layered it on top of the other two coloured layers.

Sectioning off the different elements of the image and layering them makes for a more realistic dimensional image. I love the effect and will repeat this technique in other Cricut inspired projects. I used the same technique for the marshmallows and the sign.

When I am ready to give this card to someone, I may stamp an appropriate message (Happy Birthday, Thinking of you, You light my fire, etc.) on the bottom right corner of the card or I may keep it simple.





I am entering the Campfire card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge "Vacation/Travel".

Thank you for stopping by and until next time, Happy Paper Crafting!



Supplies used from my inventory:

  • Recollections 110 lbs cardstock
  • Recollections Spice Market cardstock
  • Paper from Basic Grey
  • White pieces of cardstock from my scrap pile
  • Copic markers - YR07, Y35, Y13, E23, E77, E37, C5, C3, YG03, YG63, W5, W1
  • Stampin'up 2-way glue
  • Zapdots foam adhesives
  • Cricut Expression
  • Everyday Paper Dolls Cricut cartridge
  • Viva DĂ©cor dark brown Pearl Pen
  • Tim Holtz Idea-ology Chitchat stickers
  • Tim Holtz Gathered Twigs Distress ink
  • Ink dauber

Supplies purchased:

  • Nothing


1 comment:

  1. Fantastic card! I love the shading. The fire, logs and rocks are superb!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment. However, any comments that attack, slander or defame another person, company, or product will be removed from this site.

Total Visits